Season 2, Episode 2 – More on Division of Space & the Asymmetry Sample

Jane Stafford Textiles Forums Weaving Discussion Season 2, Episode 2 – More on Division of Space & the Asymmetry Sample

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 236 total)
  • Author
    Jacqueline
    Participant

Here is a small collage of my samples.  Learned so much 😊

69746ACA-5030-4EBD-930B-878099BF059A

Carrie
      Participant

Judy, I love the colours and patterns that you chose!  I haven’t decided if I will change my zinger colour yet.  I have some boucle being shipped.  If I can be patient enough to wait for it, I will change the sett and then maybe try the zinger change at the end.

Ginette
        Keymaster

Wow, beautiful Judy!  Good for you for changing the zinger twice!

judy
          Participant

20180220_090605_resized

Here you have them– the results from my 5 yard warp. I tied on new zingers twice and used a white slub as a part of a weft in the 2/2 piece with the purple zinger. While I didn’t take the experiments any further, I thoroughly enjoyed the whole process and look forward to the upcoming set of gamp samples. Great course!

Jean
            Participant

Melissa, It was me that mentioned the Fire TV – so much better, right?

It looks like your wave is starting to straighten out.  I think you just needed a little more of a header before you started to weave the sample.  That or your tension wasn’t even across the warp after tying on.  Your last few rows of squares look perfect to me.  You’ll get a feel for how hard/soft (I hate to use the word hard cause it isn’t in plain weave at 18epi) and just start doing it naturally.  You’re doing great!  Hang in there!

Jean
              Participant

Thanks, Annette.  It’s really turquoise and works perfectly with the grey.   So would blue.

Jean
                Participant

It’s old from my stash, but I’d say fingering to sport weight… I told someone else I’d do a wpi and I forgot.  I’ll do it today.

Sandra
                  Keymaster

Melissa – it looks like you started weaving your sample as soon as you tied it on the cloth beam.  If you look at the way Jane does it, you’ll see that she will weave a bit to establish a straight fell line and once established, she moves on to the cloth she wants to weave.  It looks like you were having tension problems and by the time you got to grey, everything was falling into place!  Also, don’t forget to give yourself a large arc of weft, as you are laying it in.

Melissa
                    Participant

I’m really struggling with making a square -I just want it to be a different number of weft threads! Also have some wavy thing going on so I’m working on my technique to see if that fixes it.  I just watched the final piece of the last episode (Thank You to the person who mentioned you can watch them using Amazon firetv!) where Jane was fixing her issues-so helpful to see that!

413BA369-B85C-4EAF-AB5E-F2596A4F22A4

Kathy
                      Participant

Kathleen your samples look great! I love how you’re using colors from your stash!

Jean
                        Participant

Thanks Sandra.  The wool has a bit of tooth to it, but I don’t mind it.  Reminds me it’s wool. lol.  I think I will do this again one day with Zephyr.

Ginette
                          Keymaster

Love you colours!

Gabriele
                            Participant

All your samples look so great, I have one project to finish ….and then ……(-:

Jean
                              Participant

Love it!  I know… the counting is like a dance.  lol

kathleen ready
                                Participant

4 grey and 4 yellow and apricot1,2,3 boink with black

Used some coloured cones from my previous project, and made the warp a bit wider. I caught myself saying 1,2,3 boink. I liked contrast of the black boink line in the second sample towel.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 236 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.