Season 1 Division of Space warping questions

Forums Weaving Discussion Online Guild Discussion Season 1 – Foundation Season 1 Division of Space warping questions

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Lee
      Participant

I am a brand new weaver and I’m learning a lot from the videos. I have a question for you about warping. If I was going to warp with different divisions of space and the outside edges were 174 warp threads in different colours of stripes, would I warp that entire striped section, take it off the warping board and then do the next section etc. ?  Or would you warp the entire project at once? Are the pegs long enough to hold the entire warp?  Thank you for your help. Lee

Sandra
        Keymaster

Lee, I would wind one edge, the centre section and the other edge.  You want your warp to represent your final cloth as you bring it through your lease sticks, heddles and your reed.  Have fun with your new warp and share a photo with us.

Lee
            Participant

You won’t believe it!  I had warped the loom back to front but had not taken the apron rod over the back beam. I had gone directly to the heddles. I was able to weave, albeit not well, because I had moved the lease stick high up behind the heddles. It was a eureka moment when I noticed this while visiting a weaving studio. Apparently, it’s a common mistake. Once I had move the warp up over the back beam I was able to weave about 3′ in 1 hour–with joy!  A huge lesson learned by hours of looking, thinking, trying, rewarping. etc. 🙂

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • The forum ‘Season 1 – Foundation’ is closed to new topics and replies.