Question about how to read threading profile drafts

Forums Weaving Discussion Online Guild Discussion Season 4 – Twills on Four Weaving Discussion Question about how to read threading profile drafts

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Liza
      Participant

I’d like to say I am an advanced beginner weaver. I was looking through patterns and noticed threading profile drafts. I get that it is based on blocks, and that made sense, as did the division of color. Where I got lost was the fact that there were two rows on top of one another, and the order didn’t seem to follow the threading draft. Can anyone walk me through this?

Thank you in advance!

Liza

03838967-A1F3-4829-8540-604A493A30F6

rooneymt
        Participant

The top is a block diagram of the pattern. Rather than listing all the picks it groups them. So you do Block B Treadling first, then Block B, so like you are seeing. The middle column are for you tabby. So you do one treadle as in Block A or B, then do a tabby of either treadle 3 or 4. You alternate your tabby with each pick. Fo example, you start with Treadle 5, then tabby 3, then treadle 2, followed by tabby 4, then treadle 5 again and alternate tabby again which would be 3. Hope this helps…and hope its right! :)))

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Season 4 – Twills on Four Weaving Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.