Poor shed on Spring loom

Forums Weaving Discussion Poor shed on Spring loom

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Denise Voss
      Participant

Hi,

I am at my wits end! I wove a set of placemats in 3/2 cotton in a 4shaft Huck pattern and everything was perfect. I took that warp off of the loom and put on another warp of 3/2 cotton for the exact same pattern and my shed is terrible. I have checked for crossed tie ups, etc, but I didn’t change anything from the last warp! The treadles feel tight and the shed when opened is tight on the raised threads and really loose and saggy on the lower ones!  The only difference is the color of the thread!  I’ve checked the lamm heights, checked the rollers, nothing is amiss.  This is exasperating! And of course it is a holiday weekend! There must be a way to fix this! Please? And Thank you!

Denise Voss
        Participant

OMG! Before anyone puts any time and effort into responding to my plea, I solved the problem! This is the 3rd or 4th warp I have put on using my new sectional beam and I totally forgot to bring the bouts up over the back beam! I think too many weeks in Corona virus lockdown has addled my brain! So glad to have solved the problem, but embarrassed about my silly error!🙄

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Weaving Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.