Plaid Scarf

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jfranzak 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

jfranzak
    Participant

The finale piece Jane weaves is a scarf where she opened the sett and used silk as weft.  It’s not an exercise per se but  an option she shows as what is possible with this warp.

jfranzak
    Participant

Ah, yes, I see now around 29 minute mark she identifies the missing color as Sweet Potato Pie.  I wish that had been listed with the other silk colors on the ordering page for the sample kit. It’s a beautiful scarf.

Sandra
    Keymaster

If you go back to Plaid at the Table at the 24-minute mark, Jane shows us the colours from the Parrot Sample and the silk that she chose and overlays over the Plaid Sample to use for her scarf/shawl.  She is using 5 colours – so you are right when you say you thought you were missing a colour.

rooneymt
    Participant

Hi….I’m working on the season 2 exercises and am getting ready to start the third one. But looking through the classes for season 2 I don’t see an exercise for a scarf? Am I missing something? Which scarf are you weaving? I just don’t want to get up to a point and am not prepared to follow along. Thanks!

jfranzak
    Participant

I ordered the silk in the four colors listed for the finale piece/scarf in Season 2: Designing Plaids.  As I went to the loom, I realized that there is an additional color if I am seeing the episode sample correctly.  There is the background (Areil’s voice?) and four unique colors of stripes. Am I misreading this or is there another silk color that was used? I know we are to learn and experiment, but learning for me starts with understanding what the expert has done. : ) Thank you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.