Multi-thread warp problem

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Maureen Janda
      Participant

Every time I have warped  with multiple threads, especially four threads at once,  I end up with tension problems for the last couple of yards or more.

DC556B08-573A-460F-BA4A-04A75F6CC1B7

When I go to the back of the loom, I can see that some of the the 4 thread groups are twisted. I’ve tried manually untwisting them but I’m not sure how helpful that is. With this project, I really tried not to twist the groups on the warping board, but had the same problem and could see twisted groups on the back beam.

19ED75B2-CD31-4F28-8BD4-F3BC8834A786

I hate to give up multi-thread warping. Any ideas of what is causing this?

I haven’t completed finishing this project, so I’m not sure if any of the problems will come out in the wash.

Jane
        Keymaster

Maureen, I don’t think you will see any of those teeny weeny tension problems once it is off the loom and washed.   It happens to me all the time.  I advise you to just keep going.  Honestly, truly 🙂

Maureen Janda
          Participant

Oh good! I’ll forge ahead then, and probably finish it this weekend.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Season 2 – Colour & Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.