Maximum number of Mohair warp ends on Louet Spring 110

Forums Weaving Discussion Online Guild Discussion Season 1 – Foundation Maximum number of Mohair warp ends on Louet Spring 110

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Khabira Wise
      Participant

Hi,

Gearing up to start weaving with mohair and though I will be starting with a scarf (because I do what teacher tells me ;-), I have a question for when I’m up to blankie size.

Namely, can you tell me the maximum number of warp ends I can put on my Louet Spring 110 (43″).

Is it 43 x 6 = 258 or can I squeeze on a few more?

Thanks!

Jane
        Keymaster

Hi Khabira,

That depends on how many dents you have in your reed.  If your 6 dent reed has more dents than the width of your loom yes you can push it.  My reeds are 45” wide so I can use them in  my Spring loom.  That way I squeeze in a bit more width.  If you need to buy a 6 dent, then buy one that is 45” wide.  Louet reeds are the same size as the loom.  Leclerc’s are a bit wider because they make 45” looms.  Hope this makes sense.

Jane

Khabira Wise
            Participant

Thanks, Jane,

My reeds are all 45″.

So I can do 270 ends and they won’t mind being squozed a bit as they come through the harnesses?

Terrific!

Best,

K

Jane
                Keymaster

Your threads won’t even know what you’re up to 🙂

Viewing 1 reply thread
          • The forum ‘Season 1 – Foundation’ is closed to new topics and replies.