Louder David Loom Review

Forums Weaving Discussion Louder David Loom Review

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Blake
      Participant

Hello to all,

A few months ago, I bought myself a Louet David Loom 35” wide from a fiber shop about 2 hours away from where I live.  It came to my place toward the end of October, and when I received it, I assembled it together.  I admit, I was initially disappointed with what I received because there are nicks and scratches on the castle and cloth beam, the metal rod that holds the springs was dislocated and left a scratch and gouge in the wood, and the two beams are bowed all of which I believe were quality errors from the shop where it was made.  I contacted Dave at Louet support North America and told him about this, and he was very helpful resolving my issue.  I will be receiving shortly replacement parts for my loom, and I received a free boat shuttle by Louet, the Flying Dutchman.  Other than that, I think the loom is great.  I like the sliding beater which helps to keep a straight fell line, I like the easy treadling, and I like the fact that the end of the warp can get close to the shafts and still create a large shed.  I already made one scarf on it with a 2/2 twill using 4 shafts and will be making waffle-weave dishcloths on it next.  I know that some people find the sliding beater a little hard to slide, but I use a silicone lubricant on it, and it slides beautifully.  I have watched a few videos from Jane Stafford and have found them to be helpful and informative.  I look forward to season 5 on lace patterns.
        Blake P

Blake
        Participant

I’m sorry.  Auto-correct replaced Louet with “Louder”.  The topic should be “Louet David Loom Review”.
          Blake P

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.