loom adjustment with Teksolv tye-up – Cranbrook loom

Forums Weaving Discussion loom adjustment with Teksolv tye-up – Cranbrook loom

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Kathleen Birch
      Participant

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the Guild and hoped I could maybe get some input on an adjustment that is alluding me with my loom. I have a Cranbrook countermarch loom, manufactured in the 1970’s during the Bexal years. In anticipation of making dressing this loom easier (up to this point I have woven rag rugs only for years), I replaced all the chains on the loom with Teksolv cording. I tied the treadles in a plain weave configuration. Considering the job this was, it is all working pretty well except for one thing—the warp threads are all even, both top & bottom of the shed, except for when I have it in the position where shafts 2 and 4 make the bottom warp threads of the shed. When I’m sitting at the loom, the top and bottom warp threads are all even until I get to the last 12″ at the left side of my shed. For those last 12″, the bottom warp threads from the 4th shaft are higher–considerably higher than the rest of the shed where I know I will end up with my shuttle sometimes going under those threads rather than over. I’m not sure where to even begin in adjusting the treadles or shafts to fix this. The shafts right now are nice & even so I’m wondering if it’s the long lam cords that need to be adjusted since it’s when shafts 2 & 4 are in the down position when treadling. Can anyone give me any advice. Thanks in advance.

• This topic was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by Kathleen Birch.
        • This topic was modified 3 weeks, 3 days ago by Sandra.
        Sandra
        Keymaster

Hi Kathleen, I can’t advise you in any way but wonder if you have been in contact with Schacht about your problem with your Cranbrook.  Send them them a copy of your question on the Forum, including the fact that you have just changed over to Texsolv heddles.  I’ve never woven on a Cranbrook and we aren’t experts looms that none of us have.  What I can do is edit your question so others can see it’s a loom specific question. Good luck, and keep us posted.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.