Look where we all live & Introductions

Weaving Supplies, Yarn & Looms Canada Forums Weaving Discussion Look where we all live & Introductions

This topic contains 284 replies, has 224 voices, and was last updated by  BARBARA MORSE 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 285 total)
  • Author

Janet
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 2
    • Totals: 3
    • Weaving weeble

Hello WoolTherapy,

I have printed everything and have placed all in binders.  Also, have taken my own notes and typed, printed and inserted them with tabs.  I know, I’m over organized.  However, I don’t weave in winter while here in Mazatlan for 6 months.  I make all copies here as it’s very inexpensive to do. I also plan projects and add them to the list of 50 or more that I’d like to make one day.

Jane mentioned an app. iweaveit , so I purchased it and have had tons of fun designing stuff.  It is so cool.  Of coarse I have all of Jane’s inspiration from her videos to feed on.

WoolTherapy
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Totals: 2
    • Weaving weeble

Hey everyone! I decided 2019 was the year to be technical and LEARN. Dig deep into my weaving and understand it… not just do it. So, here I am.

An aside note, has anyone gone so far as to print EVERYTHING. Like all the notes, and make a folder? Hello staples or office max?

Lauren
    Participant
    • Replies: 1
    • Totals: 1
    • Weaving weeble

Hi Shiela, that’s my old neck of the woods and where my loom came from too! So nice to “meet” you here.

Sheila
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 6
    • Totals: 7
    • Weaving wizard

Hi everyone! My name is Sheila and I live in Courtenay B.C., just a stone’s throw up Vancouver Island from Jane! I have been weaving for only 9 months. I was gifted a 4 shaft Woolhouse table loom (with stand and treadles)  from my work team when I retired.  BEST GIFT EVER! And then I gifted myself this on-line guild! ANOTHER BEST GIFT EVER!!

jollyjeanne
    Participant
    • Weaving weeble

My name is Jeanne and live a quiet valley in the quiet rural corner of eastern Connecticut.  I am really impressed and enjoying this guild.  Looking forward to absorbing  and learning so much at a reasonable pace.    I appreciate all the effort put into this.  What a wonderful resource for all fiber enthusiasts!

I have been weaving for many years and guilds are not close by.  I have small looms, table looms to a large LeClerc Colonial, counter balance looms and now  an 8 shaft jack loom.  Weaving is so diversified that thus far I have merely skimmed the surface and probably need a few lifetimes to accomplish all I wish to do.  Presently, I cannot think of a better way to encourage my passion than through JST.

scottleesheep
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 3
    • Totals: 5
    • Weaving wizard

Hello,

My name is Lee and live in Ontario, Canada. I have just purchased a 1983 Leclerc 4 shaft loom. I am excited to learn how to weave on it! Finding Jane’s online guild has been amazing! I am trying to figure out how to upload my profile picture.

Lee

latelierfibrelaine
    Participant
    • Weaving weeble

Hi. My name is Chloé. I live in France and I produce wool and mohair by raising sheep and Angora goats. I spin dye knit crochet… And one day Somebody gives me a floor loom and I jump in this art! I love to weave so much since one year. I have learned so much here  Thank you

ailazoom
    Participant
    • Weaving weeble

Hello from Minnesota. I have completed the lst season and am into the 2nd season. Enjoying the lessons. Plan to come to Vancouver and visit your shop in June of 2019. Should be a great experience!

shelley
    Participant
    • Weaving weeble

I am responding to ursula from Germany.  She says she weaves on an old Leclerc Artisat and is having trouble getting a good shed.  I have exactly the same problem with the same loom …. I bought it second hand and after cleaning it up and refurbishing started weaving only to find that it is really hard to make a shed.  it is almost like i have to ‘double-clutch”.  Any help, comments?

ursula
    Participant
    • Weaving weeble

Hi, my name is Ursula and I live in Germany. I am weaving for only two years and still have a lot to learn. I weave on an old Leclerc Artisat which has back hindge threadles and I’m allways fighting for a good shed. I’m looking forward to get some tipps.

mczmail
    Participant
    • Weaving weeble

Hi I’m Cheryl from Ontario Canada. I’ve just joined and I’m so excited to learn more about weaving. I have 3 floor looms, several spinning wheels and lots of wool and fibre, all things that I love. I have a little experience with weaving  and I’m a OHS spinning certificate grad. (2009.) I’ve been watching Janes video’s non-stop the last few days and I’m so excited and learning so much already. Looking forward to a great year.

bauman
    Participant
    • Weaving weeble

Hello I am Jutta and live in Tasmania an Island south of mainland Australia.

I weave for 30 years still so much to learn. Jane gave me already a new outlook. I am so happy to joined the guild and have this opportunity. Thank you Jane

Ginette
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 11
    • Replies: 381
    • Totals: 392
    • Weaving wonder

Welcome amccarthy4!

You’ll find the list of PDF’s in a few places, one is when there’s one given out for the episodes, Season 1 Episode 1 doesn’t have any handouts but you can also find them listed on the Indexes where you can download here at the top of the page. Just below Season 1 & Season 2 Index links, there’s a third link that will take you to all the PDFs that have bee handed out so far.

The first pdf that was handed out is on Season 1 Episode 2 (you’ll see a little page icon top left corner under the eye icon)

Love how your toyhauler brought home the Harrisville Model T!

amccarthy4
    Participant
    • Weaving weeble

Hello!  I just joined a week ago and have spent every living hour watching videos!  Loving it!  I live in Tulsa Oklahoma.  I am a new weaver.  Took one class at a city art studio and loved it.  Went on vacation to Santa Fe in my toy hauler and brought a loom home as a souvenir!  My toyhauler usually hauls bikes or kayaks so it was fun to load my new/old 36 inch Harrisville model T in it.  Bought the whole stash of the elder woman who was retiring from weaving completely.   So I have only woven a scarf so far on my loom.  Found my direct tie up was tied up wrong and am learning so much.

I want to make Huck placemats but have 8/4 cotton not 8/2 and I can not find info on making drafts fit right with the stash I want to use.  I have started with season one and haven’t seen anything on drafts yet.  Am I missing it?

saddleblankets
    Participant
    • Replies: 3
    • Totals: 3
    • Weaving weeble

Hi friends, I’m Linda from a small town, Three Rivers, in California high up in the Sierra where  I live on a cattle ranch. I’ve been weaving for 40 years, specializing in saddle blankets which I sell all over the US and the UK. I spin all my natural wool, dye it with natural plants and weave on a big Cranbrook countermarch loom. For 26 years I’ve been weaving with wool warp at 6 epi. Imagine my challenges of moving on to 18 epi and more using cotton, silk, bamboo and other fine fibers.. Wowzers, has Jane changed my life. I’ve learned more in two years in this guild that all the other 38 years. It’s hard to teach an old dog new tricks but I’m thrilled daily that I found Jane and I LOVE every minute of weaving with her. I own five looms,: my Cranbrook,  a Macomber, a Nilus Leclerc, a Baby Wolf and a large 12 shaft J-Made. I still weave my blankets but am now sewing garments made of silk and other fine fibers. This Guild is the best thing that has happened to me in my weaving life and I love hearing about all of you and learning from you as well.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 285 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.