Leclerc warping mill

Forums Weaving Discussion Leclerc warping mill

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      bzbbell
      Participant

I have a lovely new Leclerc warping mill, but I am stymied by one issue: How do I accommodate warp lengths that are not a multiple of a rotation of the mill? For example, I am trying to wind a 6.5 yard warp, but find that regardless of which peg I tie on to at the bottom,  I end up about a quarter of a rotation short of the pegs for the cross. Adding that additional length to reach the pegs can make quite a difference in terms of how much yarn I’ll need for that project. Is that just an additional consideration that I need to factor in when I calculate warp length, or is there some way to make the warp length that can be wound on the mill more flexible?

Sandra
        Keymaster

Can you move your peg bar to another set of bars?  That what I do with my Woolhouse mill (no longer available), but I sometimes get a wee bit of buffer yardage which never bothers me 😉

bzbbell
          Participant

That’s it! Now that I look at the mill (and remember how I put it together), I can indeed shift the peg bar. Many, many thanks.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.