Keeping warp tension consistent

Weaving Supplies, Yarn & Looms Canada Forums Weaving Discussion Keeping warp tension consistent

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  suekeg 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

suekeg
    Participant

Hello,

I am a new weaver and I weave on an older Leclerc counterbalance loom. that I recently pulled out of  years of storage. I think it is the Mira. My grandmother gave me the loom 30 years ago, and I would assume that she owned it for a very long time before she gifted it to me. I have woven a few projects on the loom and I am becoming more comfortable, but despite my learning I run into similar issues with each project.

I have a similar problem with every warp, as the warp progresses the outside threads on the warp become very loose. I have incorporated many techniques from the online guild and when the warp is wound on, it has good tension, but as I get closer to the end of the warp it becomes unmanageable and the selvages become an issue and I am constantly trying to weight and correct the issue, and nothing really works that well. It gets so frustrating that I am always tempted to take the project off and abandon it.  I am wondering if it could be that there is slippage around the back rod? Do counterbalance looms need special consideration?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.