'It's the Little Things' Videos ~ weaving tips & tricks

Weaving Supplies, Yarn & Looms Canada Forums Weaving Discussion 'It's the Little Things' Videos ~ weaving tips & tricks

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Ginette 3 days, 9 hours ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Ginette
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 11
    • Replies: 386
    • Totals: 397
    • Weaving wonder

Hi Heidi,

Here it is! You’ll find how to weight it towards the end of the video.

• This reply was modified 3 days, 9 hours ago by  Ginette.

heidi
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 18
    • Totals: 22
    • Weaving wonder

Do you have a little video on how to weight a selvage or repair thread at the back of the loom?

thanks

Ginette
    Keymaster
    • Weaving wonder

Hi Freda,

Not sure if there’s any plans to have a handout for ends & splicing techniques but you can slow down the videos. All of the online guild ones have that option now which is great! When you’re viewing the videos, at the bottom right is the setting button option, click on it and you can choose to slow down or speed up. Also, for the It’s The Little Things videos on Youtube and on this thread, you can also do that which is great. Give it a try!

Freda
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 7
    • Totals: 8
    • Weaving wizard

I agree it is the little things are so important.  I would like to see a handout of how Jane ends and starts a weft.  I found the video of Jane doing this was just too fast hard to see.  Also the same for splicing a join.  Thank you.

Freda.

taty.lauwers
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 15
    • Totals: 15
    • Weaving wonder

Hi! I have forwarded this excellent series to French readers via our weaving forum http://forum.tricofolk.info/forum/viewtopic.php?id=17583

Info for your non-English reading viewers: on youtube you can have the subtitles translated automatically into your own language. With a little twist of the mind (robots working there), you can make sense of the translated text. Hoping we will have this opportunity in the videos of the Guild in the years to come! They are excellent.

Ginette
    Keymaster
    • Weaving wonder

Here’s the latest video! Hemstitching at the loom 🙂

Sue
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 25
    • Totals: 26
    • Weaving wonder

I feel this ‘little’ series will grow into a tremendous resource for everyone. Thank you all.

But what I find most helpful at the moment  is Jane’s insistence on not fretting or fussing and helping us decide whether a possible problem needs sorting there and then or won’t be noticeable when the piece is off the loom and finished. It helps greatly to have Jane’s expertise to rely on!

Ginette
    Keymaster
    • Weaving wonder

We’ve been making little videos on weaving tips & tricks from questions & suggestions that we receive from you, the Online Guild members. We’ll be posting them here. Keep those suggestions coming

• This topic was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  Ginette.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.