India Saree

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sandra 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Sandra
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 413
    • Totals: 439
    • Weaving wonder

Hi, Brensall.  I can’t recommend any books on the weaving or designing saris but there are a couple of books you might find interesting, if you haven’t already seen them.  “The Fabric of India” is a fascinating book, edited by Rosemary Crill and published by the V&A, that covers the history and making of textiles through history up until the present time.  Another book is simply called “The Sari” by Mukulika Banjerjee and Daniel Miller.  It’s a delightful book all about the sari, how to wear it, how it’s made today, including some tales bringing light into the world of women and their saris.

brensall
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 0
    • Totals: 2
    • Weaving weeble

I am fascinated by the fashions from India.  Especially the sarees the women wear.  I have been looking for quite some time for any weaving information like drafts or iconology that are woven into the fabric.  Other than a few you tube videos, I have not been able to find anything.  I was wondering if Jane has seen any publications related to this subject in her travels.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.