How to fix: too few warp ends

Weaving Supplies, Yarn & Looms Canada Forums Weaving Discussion How to fix: too few warp ends

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  KateW 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

KateW
    Participant

Thank you Kathleen!

I haven’t wound my warp yet. As soon as I divided the warp in the raddle and noticed my error, I walked away.

I’ll add the two warp ends and then wind on.

Thanks again!

kathleen ready
    Participant

My advice for what it’s worth 😁, if you have already wound the warp onto the back beam and it is really long, instead of unwinding and adding those 2 threads hang the 2 threads off the back with some weights. Just don’t make them the last 2 threads but place them on the inside of the set next to the denting. The reason being those 2 threads if they are at the edge may not have the same tension as the other edge, resulting in unevenness.

If its a short warp, just one  scarf , complete the process of threads through the reed, tie up onto front apron and then unwind your warp and add the 2 threads and wind back on.

I’ve done both cause I don’t know how to count, or I’m not paying attention.

KateW
    Participant

Please forgive me if this has been covered, I’m struggling to find the right search terms. And just discovered I can’t count :/

I have wound my warp and spread it in the raddle (btf). I am warping for the Denting sample. My outside color stripe is short two ends.

Should I wind a two thread warp and try and beam it on with the rest of the warp? Or should I just hang two ends off the back after beaming, like repair warps? (similar to how we replaced the zinger in Asymmetry sample)

Thanks for any and all advice!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.