Headers

Forums Weaving Discussion Headers

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Sasha Adams
      Participant

Just wondering if Jane has ever talked about getting rid of header weft after the project is finished. Is there an easy way? Thanks.

Sandra
        Keymaster

Hi Sasha, after you have finished weaving your warp or are cutting off the sample you have woven, you leave the amount of fringe you want and cut off the section of the warp with your header and tie-on.  Am I understanding your question correctly?

Sasha Adams
          Participant

Thank you Sandra. Now I get it! So, I put in a header and then add a measurement for fringe (or hem) and start my hem stitching above that measurement, yes? It makes sense, finally, and I won’t have to try and cut out the header bout by bout anymore. :o)

Sandra
              Keymaster

Hi Sasha, if I’m using the tie-on portion for a fringe, when I take my project off the loom, I very carefully cut the weft between the warp threads (carefully spreading them apart) and pick the weft threads in my header out.   That way I can use from the hemstitching to the beginning of the warp for my fringe, or trim it to the length I want.

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.