Having a hard time with B2F warping

Forums Weaving Discussion Online Guild Discussion Season 1 – Foundation Having a hard time with B2F warping

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      sharikalb
      Participant

I am trying B2F for the first time. It seems very hard to do by myself. I finally got the raddle stable and the lease sticks in. Now, I have no idea now many threads to put in each 1/2″ segment of the raddle. I am using 8/2 cotton at 20 epi and doubling the thread in each dent – so do I put 10 threads in each half inch increment?

Ginette
        Keymaster

Hi Shari, that’s correct, 10 threads in each 1/2 inch increments in the raddle.

Ginette

sharikalb
            Participant

Thanks. I went ahead and did that and just before winding on, I took out the lease sticks because something was hanging up my warp winding on the beam. Now I have it wound on but no lease sticks. What to do? I pretty much know the order of the threads but I have already taken them out of the raddle.  I think I will never try B2F again – going back to the other way.

Ginette
            Keymaster

Hi Shari, I’ve been there, loosing my cross!  What you can do to make threading your threads through the heddles a bit easier is to reattach one lease stick and lay all your threads on top of it.  That will help to reach them more comfortably while you thread.  Don’t give up on b2f.  Try it once more on your next project and have Jane’s episode 2 playing at the same time and follow step by step.  Sending you lots of good weaving vibes as you finish dressing your loom 🙂

sharikalb
                Participant

Ginette, thank you so much for the encouragement. I had to totally scrap the project and cut it off the loom;  terrible waste of good cotton and two days of work. So yes, I am totally frustrated, but I am going to just step away from the loom, the warping board, and all for now and take a break until I feel I can tackle it again. I will likely never try to use such thin threads again though; think I will stick to larger diameter yarns.

Viewing 2 reply threads
            • The forum ‘Season 1 – Foundation’ is closed to new topics and replies.