Harrisville Shetland blanket fringe?

Forums Weaving Discussion Online Guild Discussion Season 1 – Foundation Harrisville Shetland blanket fringe?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Norma OCuilinn
      Participant

hi,

have any of you made a blanket with the Harrisville Shetland?  I’m planning several but can’t decide whether to just make short plain fringe or take the time to twist it?  If you have pictures of how it turned out I’d like to see them too if possible.

Cheers,

Jean

Ed Chapman
        Participant

That’s a very good question Norma. I want to make some blankets too, and the Harrisville wool comes in great colors.

Norma OCuilinn
            Participant

Hi Ed,

I have a spring loom which I put together with a tiny bit of help from my husband. It really wasn’t too difficult. There was a technique that I didn’t know about having to do with banging the nut down into the wood.  I forget now what it’s called.  Anyway,when you get your new loom I’m sure you’ll enjoy putting it together and using it.

I have planned to make 4 blankets in a row with a 10- 10.5 yd warp.  It will be the widest project I’ve put on the loom as I’m using the full 43″ width.  So, I’m also planning to have a friend come over and help with tensioning it as I beam it on.  I know Jane does it all alone but I like company and help! 🙂 especially for my first really big, at least for me, project.

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.