Grand Finale: A Tale of Two Scarves

Forums Weaving Discussion Online Guild Discussion Season 2 – Colour & Design Grand Finale: A Tale of Two Scarves

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Sony Baron
      Participant

To celebrate the end of year 2, I used most of the Zephyr (silk & merino) leftover cones from my stash and put on a 7.5  yards warp. I made the first scarf at 18 epi in 2/2 twill using the colour gamp on natural ground magic. I just played changing the weft design as I went.

For the second scarf, I opened the warp to 12 epi and changed the weave to PW. I just have to say that both worked out well! Phew 🙂

I have been inspired by all the work that has been posted on the forum, so I want to say thank you so very much to everyone for sharing, and, of course, to you Jane and all you hidden folks at the studio!

Bright holidays to everyone!

Sony Baron

Sony BaronUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1f25UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1f26

Ginette
        Keymaster

They are gorgeous! Just love the colours and beautifully designed!

Sony Baron
            Participant

Thank you. Would you be able to tell me why I get this on the selvedges? Thanks5F28BCBB-CAB1-4AB8-8928-8B70264E34F7

Ed Chapman
            Participant

Beautiful work! The selvedge issue is probably due to inadvertently pulling the shuttle towards you, packing the throws already in place. I have noticed that 99% of it vanishes during wet treatment.

Weave on.

Sony Baron
                Participant

Thank you Ed! I appreciate you taking the time to respond. I will pay closer attention to what my hands are doing with that shuttle! I agree that those gaps disappear in the wash, but I prefer not to have them in the first place. I have been loving your work, so you too: Weave on 🙂

Viewing 2 reply threads
            • The forum ‘Season 2 – Colour & Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.