General info

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ginette 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Ginette
    Keymaster

Hi Kathleen,

You can weave the Quebecois at 6-8 EPI for plain weave and 8-10 EPI for twill. Depending on how much fulling you will do, you might want to do a bit of sampling to get the right sett for your blanket.

The episode that the chenille scarf is in is 2.1.5 at the 23:05 mark. This chenille is amazing and there’s nothing wrong with it. It weave beautifully.

Welcome back to weaving by the way!

k.steven
    Participant

Hi Jane

I am just going to start a blanket in the Quebecoise 2 ply and when I checked the sett on the ruler it looks like I should warp at either 8 or 10 dents per inch. Would you recommend the 8 as the wool will fluff up after washing. both the warp and weft will be woven from the Quebecoise 2 ply.

Can you also tell me the episode where you presented the chenille shawl. I just loved it. I was wondering why you don’t carry chenille any longer, is there a problem with it.

I have to mention that I also attended the Banff School of Fine Arts, 2 Year Weaving Program from Sept 1976 to June 1977. Our instructor was Mary Snider and I also took from lessons from Mary Andrews at her home. I think she gave us classes in Summer and Winter or Overshot. I haven’t woven for the past 30 years but just retired and started again. I absolutely love your on-line courses and am currently working through Season 2. Can’t wait to come to Salt Spring this fall and meet you. Thank you for all your advice and help.

Kathleen

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.