Forgot to lash the warp rod to the apron rod – how to proceed?

Forums Weaving Discussion Online Guild Discussion Season 1 – Foundation Forgot to lash the warp rod to the apron rod – how to proceed?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Ashlee Bixby
      Participant

Hi everyone!

I am super excited to say that thanks to these videos I am well on my way to warping my loom all by myself 🙂

Unfortunately I made a mistake and I was wondering if I could get some advice about how to proceed. I wound my warp on the back beam and threaded my heddles and then realized that I had forgotten to lash the warp rod to the apron rod to prevent bowing.

Can I/should I unwind it and pull all the threads forward through the heddles, lash on, and then rewind?

Thank you so much for any help!

Sandra
        Keymaster

Not a problem 😉   This is one of the many times you can get immediate help with warping/weaving questions by checking out the JST Helpline.  You’ll find the tab to reach the hundreds of questions that became the precursor to the Online Guild by tapping the 4th “button” from the bottom in the column to your left.  In the meantime – just so you know you aren’t the first person who has done this (she nods her head rapidly in agreement) – check out this link:

https://janestaffordtextiles.com/faq/forgot-my-lashing-cords/

Ashlee Bixby
            Participant

Oh, amazing!!! Thank you so much. What a wonderful resource!

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.