Folding the Louet David

Forums Weaving Discussion Folding the Louet David

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Sharan
      Participant

Hi.  I need to move my Louet David through a doorway.  How do I fold it?  I have the tension brake installed.  Thanks!

Sandra
        Keymaster

I just looked at mine and it looks like you can just take the back beam section off, brake and all – you should have no problem going through a normal door.

Sharan
            Participant

Thank you, Sandra.  I appreciate your help.

Patricia
            Participant

I’m 2000 miles from my David at the moment, but hopefully I can help as I moved my loom through a doorway last February when we pulled up the carpet in my loom room.

Incidentally, I bought these furniture sliders for that purpose, and they were perfect. They have a smooth bottom to easily slide over the carpet. When we got to the doorway and it transitioned to ceramic tile, I pulled the “socks” over the sliders and the David slid easily over the tile.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001WAK5VQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I found a photo of the side/back of my loom while I was threading a project, and annotated it for clarity (I hope). Basically, you need to (a) release the spring on the friction brake by unhooking the bottom of the coil; (b) loosen and remove the wing nuts at the base of the back beam, so it can fold up against the castle; and (c) once resting against the castle, secure the back beam in the folded position by tying each end (I used some Texsolv cord) to hold it against the castle.

folding the back beam

Good luck!

Sharan
              Participant

Thank you so much, Patricia! Your picture and step by step explanation is very helpful!  I am very grateful for your time and expertise!

Patricia
                Participant

You’re most welcome, Sharan!  Those furniture sliders from Amazon made it so easy – I was able to move/slide the loom without any assistance.  BTW, after the new floor was installed, I used these pads to protect the new floor and to keep the loom from sliding – they are excellent and the loom does not move during use:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CF38WV4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Viewing 4 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.