Ends per inch

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Sheila
      Participant

How do I get 24 ends per inch with a 10 dent reed?  On the reed substitution chart, do I drop down to 23 and do 2,2,3? Or do I fudge it and every inch add a 3,2,3?  Your input is much appreciated.  Thanks

Ginette
        Keymaster

Hi Sheila,

I would drop down to 23 epi.

Ginette

Sheila
          Participant

Thank you Ginette.

Beth Napper
            Participant

I am weaving tea towels right now at 18 epi and haven’t been able to get 18 ppi only get 16 ppi. Any suggestions? Also I have always doubled the selvage thread in whatever I make. There is never any mention of this in the videos. Is it not necessary????

Sandra
              Keymaster

Beth, what are you using for your tea towels?  I’ve never doubled the selvedge, only used a floating selvedge when it’s needed.  If doubling your selvedge works for you and you like the effect, then do it.  Jane is teaching us that there is no right way or wrong way.

Beth Napper
                Participant

I started out weaving rugs and of course, you have to double the selvages and then some. I guess I just thought it would strengthen the edges. However, I will try without on the tea towels (2/8 cotton). Old habits die hard, I guess!

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • The forum ‘Season 2 – Colour & Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.