double weave

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anne Morison
      Participant

What would be a good way to start and finish a piece of double weaving? Single cloth pieces I have been using hemstitching, but for double weave? I’m so looking forward to weaving this lesson.

Sandra
        Keymaster

I’m cut and pasting an answer that Ginette gave to another weaver (under the episode comments) – hope this helps.

It would be difficult to hemstitch your bottom layer on the loom. Depending on what yarns you’re using, if it’s a wool that you’ll full you can just twist the fringes. If it’s something like cotton, you could machine stitch once the fabric is off the loom and opened. If you’re weaving a bag, then you can weave both layers together and that will seal it then you can machine stitch afterwards and leave some nice short untwisted fringes.

Melissa Bishop
          Participant

I’m really hoping that Jane will do a Doubleweave Pickup lesson. I want to make panels for my church and really need help. I have Jennifer Moore’s book but Jane is such a fabulous teacher and I’m a visual learner. Thank you!

Sandra
              Keymaster

Hi Melissa – I’ll cut and paste an answer that Jane has previously given to this question.  Hope it helps.

“I’ll tell you a secret, I have never done double weave pick-up. Sorry, it isn’t on the list at the moment. I’m sure there is someone out there who will be able to help you.”

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • The forum ‘Season 3 – Pushing the Boundaries of Plain Weave’ is closed to new topics and replies.