Double threads in fold of doubleweave

Forums Weaving Discussion Double threads in fold of doubleweave

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Liza
      Participant

I just did my first doubleweave sample, threaded 1234, with the top on 1 and 3. I have two threads together in the middle. Is there an alternate threading to avoid this?
        I spaced the threads in the middle out, so if I cut one, it would be too thread bare.

Thank you!
        Liza

Sandra
        Keymaster

Have you watched the video where Jane explains that this is normal?  Also, so you find your answer – even in the middle of the night – Ginette creates an Index for every episode.  You’ll find the index on the drop down menu under Learn – and the specific spot is    – double thread at the join, 3.7.2, 6:24 & 31:30.  Have fun with Double Width!

Liza
          Participant

Sandra,

I did watch it beforehand. I was confused because in the video after the on the loom video, Jane mentioned something about threading 1234 to avoid the double threads. Did I misunderstand what she meant?

Sandra
            Keymaster

Jane was talking about alternate threading for a different Double Width structure, a bag that was joined on two sides and how to create two separate layers.  She was weaving those in 8/4 yarn rather than the much finer Harrisville Shetland blanket that you wove.  Also, she was adapting a warp that was already on the counterbalance loom that had been used for a rep weave sample.  I’d stick to the suggestions that were made in the handout that came with the episode and follow the instructions for the fold in the cloth that Jane gave in the second video in this episode.

Liza
              Participant

Success!
                After three tries, I was determined to master the join…well, as much as one can master it.
                I stuck with practicing on 8/2, as I figured it would be more difficult to get it to look good, and once close,
                I did a sample with shetland.

I thought I’d share my success to inspire those who are frustrated to keep going!

Liza

doubleweavejoin

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.