David2 looking for Tips and Tricks

Forums Weaving Discussion Online Guild Discussion Season 1 – Foundation David2 looking for Tips and Tricks

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      fudsy1
      Participant

Here is my new David2 90cm sitting next to my Jane table loom whom I love.   I’ve been searching for tips and tricks with the David. I found the post about the knitting needles and will look for one to hold the harnesses when I add more heddles. It was not a pretty site when I tried to add more heddles before I knew what I was doing I can tell you.   since I’m only using the first for shafts for now I don’t have 5-8 attached to anything and those harnesses sit higher. Is that normal or should I have them attached to a treddle I’m not using?  I also learned fast and hard after watching Jane dressing the David as to why you need to keep several heddles at the edge of the harnesses – again not a pretty site here and pure panic for a moment as the heddles went limp at listed to the side when I pushed ALL the heddles to one side of the harness…  So I’m asking fellow David owners is there anything else I should know about owning this loom.  I’ve only had 1 other floor loom for a short time a year ago so I’d call myself a preschooler when it comes to a floor loom.

david & Jane

fudsy1
        Participant

On hard fast lesson, always keep extra heddles on the edges of the harness since they actually serve as part of the harness system and will collapse if you move them all away from the edge

509D0F28-0945-4BEB-B36F-4250C0431E06

Ginette
          Keymaster

It’s a great tip! Been there done that 🙂

fudsy1
              Participant

I thought it was just me.  I’m loving my new loom but he didn’t come with any instructions other then assembly

Sandra
              Keymaster

Have you looked in the JST Knowledge Base?  There is a section on Q&As on all the Louet looms – including the David.

Viewing 3 reply threads
            • The forum ‘Season 1 – Foundation’ is closed to new topics and replies.