David Loom shafts

Forums Weaving Discussion David Loom shafts

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Judith
      Participant

I just got a David loom.  I had it delivered and set up and everything looks just fine.  I am starting my second project and I notice that the shafts don’t seem to hang aligned.  Example.  Shaft 4 is about 1/2 inch lower than shafts 1&2. Shaft 3 is slightly higher.  I don’t know how to adjust that aspect of the loom.  Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.   I get a good shed regardless so maybe it does not matter.

thanks. Judith

Trish
        Participant

Hi – I have a David too but the shafts arrived all fine. The only thing that sends mine out of balance is the heddles not in use being out of balance. Not sure if that’s any help. I’ve only had mine a year so more experienced weavers I’m sure will chip in!

Sandra
          Keymaster

Judith, have you had a chance to read through the section on the Knowledge Base that covers questions on the David loom?  I have a David as well and adjust the heights of the shafts by changing the hole in the Texsolv cord that the shafts hang from.  Try moving the hooks on shaft 4 up a notch on either side to see if that helps.

Ginette
            Keymaster

Hi Judith,

1/2 inch is quite a bit in difference. Like mentioned by Sandra, make sure the cords that the shafts are hanging from are all on the same loop which should be the first one. You can adjust the shafts with the little white plastic spare pegs that came with your loom and insert them on the lam cords holes below that shaft.  It will help bring down the shaft. The only time you’ll see a difference of about 1/2″  is when shafts are not tied to treadles compared to the ones that are tied to treadles.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.