Custom duties for Europe?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      gabi-tomas
      Participant

Hi everybody, I would love to order some silk and bouclé from Jane. But I remember ordering some wool from the US a few years ago and having to pay a considerable sum of custom duties here in NL.

Now I wonder whether any of you who live in the EU as well, esp. in the Netherlands, have had to pay duties for their goodies.

Gabriele
        Participant

In Germany we have to pay customs over a sum of 150 Euro, but

there is  one other thing that drives up the yarn price – the shipping costs. To send a parcel from Canada to europe is very expensive. Worth to think about holidays in Canada and you have to go without luggage but the chance to come with many yarn cones back home (-:

gabi-tomas
          Participant

Ha, I would love to go to Salt Spring Island and fill my suitcase with yarns, and my mind with inspiration. However, Jane assured me that they charge no VAT for things they sell abroad, so I would have to pay only onc which is good. There would be custom duties though. The postage costs are high but I cannot fly to Canada for the amount they cost. I know it’s a shame 😉

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Season 2 – Colour & Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.