Crooked

Forums Weaving Discussion Crooked

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Sheila
      Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Help!  Why does my weaving end up crooked? I figure it must be the way I beat? Ive tried different solutions but it still comes out the same way.  Any suggestions would be appreciated. 🙏</p>

Sandra
        Keymaster

One reason might be that your tension is uneven, Sheila.  Do you check it when you tie on, using Jane’s technique of walking your hand across your warp to make sure your tension is even across your warp?  However, if your even tension hasn’t been maintained during the warping and winding the warp onto the warp beam, that test will only work until you move your warp forward as you weave.  Now might be a good time to review Season 1 – Episodes 1 & 2, to see if you have missed anything.  Keep us posted as to whether this helps.

susanrose100
          Participant

I have the same problem.  The left side is always just a bit looser than the right after weaving for a while despite being even when I start.  I am having this trouble since I started warping b2f my warping rod seems to bend unevenly.  Suggestions?

Sandra
              Keymaster

Is your rod lashed on evenly across your apron rod?  Even if it isn’t – which it needs to be – you shouldn’t start having uneven tension prior nearing the end when your rod is uncovered.  If you are having tension problems before that, I might wonder if your tension was uneven when winding the warp and not removed when winding the warp onto the warp beam.

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.