Counterbalance Loom 3 shafts on 1 treadle

Forums Weaving Discussion Online Guild Discussion Season 1 – Foundation Counterbalance Loom 3 shafts on 1 treadle

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Diana
      Participant

Hello. I am attempting to weave teatowels with a Bronson lace pattern the plain weave is 2,3,4 against 1.  And the Bronson block is 2,3,4  1,4 etc…. All sheds are lovely but the tension on the bottom of the shed for 2,3,4 is dismal my shuttle keeps diving through.  But for all other sheds the tension is great.  What am I missing?  I am considering weaving these with a really long stick shuttle……..that does not seem speedy at all, especially when I have this great new Schacht shuttle I want to try!

thank you in advance for any advice you can give.

Diana

Jane
        Keymaster

This happens on counter-balance loom with unbalanced tie-ups. Try notching up your tension a tad.

Jane
          Keymaster

I should add that it totally doable 🙂
            You will just have the one pick in the sequence where you have to be more careful. I think a little extra tension will help.

Diana
              Participant

Thank you Jane….with your advice I believe I have a system……more tension and make sure to work with the fell a touch closer to the beater that the breast beam. I will makes notes on the draft about that!

thanks again

Diana

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.