cotton boucle

Forums Weaving Discussion cotton boucle

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      dianeg537
      Participant

I want to weave the Birch Bark tea towels in the Mar/Apr issue of Handwoven.  The author uses Jane Stafford yarns including Jane’s cotton boucle.  She lists the boucle as 1500 yds/lb but on the website Jane lists her  boucle as 2300 yds/lb available in 1/2 lb cones.  WHich is correct – the 1500 yds/lb or the 2300 yds/lb?  Thanks, Diane

Angela
        Participant

The Monte Cristo cotton is Available in 1/2 lb skein with 569 yds/skein or available in 1 lb cone with 1150 yds.lb.  In the search box type monte cristo cotton and it will come up.

I’m weaving with this yarn right now, and it is gorgeous.  When I look at the description on JST, I see “100% Cotton Bouclé available in ½ lb cones with 1,150 yds/cone (2,300 yds/lb) in a wide range of colours.” The first number, 1150 is yds/cone and the 2nd number, 2300, is yds/lb.

Sandra
          Keymaster

Hi Diane, it is somewhat confusing – I have the Handwoven project pattern in front of me.  Neither of the boucle’s yardage matches the ones that Jane carries – so I assume it’s an error.  However, since black boucle is the “zinger”, I’m “assuming” that she used the regular boucle.

100% Cotton Bouclé available in ½ lb cones with 1,150 yds/cone (2,300 yds/lb) in a wide range of colours.

And the Monte Cristo which is only available in white – which is the boucle that Angela mentions above, and is a much softer boucle and absolutely wonderful in baby blankets!

They are woven at 18 epi which would give a firmer cloth.

dianeg537
            Participant

The black referred to in the Handwoven article is 8/4 cotton, not boucle.  I checked other sources for cotton boucle and Maurice Brassard cotton boucle is 1500 yds/lb.  Could there be a misprint on Janes’ shopping website?  Although on Jane’s master sett chart she shows the sett for cotton boucle at 12 – the article is using a sett of 18.  Even more confusing.

Sandra
                Keymaster

Good point, Diane – I’ll check with the office on Monday morning about the boucle yards per lb.  And, my mistake – about the 8/4 being black boucle 😏

dianeg537
                Participant

Hi Linda,

re:  cotton boucle – no my question wasn’t answered but I did get alot of interesting responses.  My original question to the forum was
                  I want to weave the Birch Bark tea towels in the Mar/Apr issue of Handwoven.  The author uses Jane Stafford yarns including Jane’s cotton boucle.  She lists the boucle as 1500 yds/lb but on Jane’s website Jane lists her  boucle as 2300 yds/lb, available in 1/2 lb cones.  Which is correct – the 1500 yds/lb or the 2300 yds/lb?  Maurice Brassard’s cotton boucle is also 1500 yds/lb.  Thanks, Diane

Sandra
                    Keymaster

From JST website:

100% Cotton Bouclé available in ½ lb cones with 1,150 yds/cone (2,300 yds/lb) in a wide range of colours.

From Brassard website:

6CE7F61B-9799-4F94-A916-0CCF03AD0DCD

Same, same 😉

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.