Color inspiration

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Kelly Z.
      Participant

I selected a picture and pulled out a bunch of colors from it. But as you can see it’s 15 colors. I’m finding it overwhelming to say the least. I know I don’t have to use every color I dug out, but does anyone have any suggestions on how to trim this down? I’m trying to break away from my usual patterns. Like my first instinct here is to grab all the purples and run with that but that feels very “safe” to me.

2F727FC8-090D-4FEB-A5CB-B062C86C0C2F

Sandra
        Keymaster

Good morning, Kelly.  What a fabulous picture!  Have you gone back and reviewed Season 1: Episode 2.3.3 – Pulling the colour from your picture?  You’ll see that Jane pulls one or more colours to use in the background of her cloth and then adds colours that make her happy for the zingers.  Start playing with a few of your colours and choose zingers that make you happy.  Try not to over think it and give yourself permission to just play.  You have chosen a picture that gives you so many options and it’s one you could make many warps from for a long time!  I look forward to seeing what you “grow” from that picture.

Kelly Z.
          Participant

I think I understand what you’re saying. I’ve reviewed the episode as well. Like I said, the number of colors is just overwhelming to me and I’m finding my ways of trimming very unimaginative. What I may mimic Jane more by only picking out a few colors that jump at me. Thank you!

Alastair
              Keymaster

Hi Kelly,

the following might be of any interest when trying to pick out colours from an image:

https://color.adobe.com/create/color-wheel/

By clicking on the camera icon (top right) you can upload an image and it will pick out five colours from your image. You can also move the colour selectors around until you hit upon a colour combination.

Annette Beasley
                  Participant

Alastair, thanks for sharing that colour selector tool, absolutely amazing!

Sasha Adams
                Participant

Thank you Alastair,

I think this is almost the greatest thingy since sliced bread!

Sasha

Kelly Z.
                  Participant

Wow what an amazing tool! Thank you!

Beth Napper
                    Participant

OMG, Alistair, another inspiration!! This tool is so, so helpful. Thank you! I will certainly be using this a lot.

Viewing 5 reply threads
                  • The forum ‘Season 2 – Colour & Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.