Bronson lace / Arlene’s Tea Towel question

Weaving Supplies, Yarn & Looms Canada Forums Weaving Discussion Bronson lace / Arlene’s Tea Towel question

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Christina 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Christina
    Participant
    • Topics: 6
    • Replies: 11
    • Totals: 17
    • Weaving wonder

Ahhhh, lightbulb, thank you! I was wondering about that, too. The idea that it might all look differently off the loom occurred to me.

Ok, thanks for the striping pointer, I will make sure it comes out right on my cottolin .

Thank you very much for your help

Ginette
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 11
    • Replies: 386
    • Totals: 397
    • Weaving wonder

No worries, the ‘bronson lace’ is shaping, and when you wash your sample, it will shrink and form. By the way, I did notice that your 7 centre stripes, the 2 stripes on the right (when you’re sitting at the loom), are just slightly different from your 2 on your left side of the 7 stripes.  It looks like you have 4 pink threads only in the far right stripe combo of 2 colour/2 natural & 2 colour (pink/black) and the one to its left should be a solid pink stripe of 8 threads, just so when you make your warp of cottolin, you can double check your warping sequence on the warping board.

Christina
    Participant
    • Weaving wonder

Blushing ☺️…..ok, yay, thank you! It is all just so new and different! Lol, I am a knitter and I swear, after dressing the loom and looking at the weaving pattern, it took me a minute to realize that ALL THE PATTERN was already set up! 😳😳😳 All I would need to do is press the treadles! Anyways, thanks for the feedback- I really appreciate it, since I was unsure what it is supposed to look like 🙂

Ginette
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 11
    • Replies: 386
    • Totals: 397
    • Weaving wonder

Hi Christina,

I just checked the pattern and you are absolutely bang on with your sleying and you’re weaving looks great with the sett. Oh your sampling is fabulous! Do play with the different blocks Jane has on her pattern, they are so much fun to learn & explore!

Christina
    Participant
    • Weaving wonder

So, weaving away at this sample and I am a wee bit perplexed. I used the same weight/thickness yarn as the cottonlin, have a size 12 reed, sleyed 1,2 per dent,and the weave is looser than I expected. Also, I am pretty sure I threaded this correctly, since I double checked my threading, but the lace part definitely doesn’t look to me like in the photos. My loom is also old and wonky, and I am still fine tuning how I can get a better shed on certain treadlings- just want to ask for feedback if it looks like I made a mistake in the setup or if it is just the funkiness of my loom. Not that I mind the way the pattern is turning out; just trying to learn! 908C30DE-9A4B-4365-9C6A-FBA514587970

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.