Ball winder recommendations needed

Forums Weaving Discussion Online Guild Discussion Season 1 – Foundation Ball winder recommendations needed

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Heidi
      Participant

I have a Nancy’s Knit Knacks heavy-duty ball winder.  This winder hasn’t worked properly since I purchased it several years ago.  I have spoken to the manufacturer and followed the instructions in their video, but I still have problems with the winder.

I’m looking to purchase a new winder and would like to hear your recommendations.  It looks like Jane doesn’t have any for sale on her site.

Thanks

rooneymt
        Participant

Hi Heidi….what’s wrong with your ball winder? I have a cheap winder I purchased about 25 years ago and have been thinking of upgrading to a Nancy’s Knit Knacks heavy-duty ball winder. I see on Amazon it costs $400 and I’ve seen other places selling what looks like the same thing for $800! So I’m interested in knowing what isn’t working properly with it? And I’m assuming there’s only one model? Thanks so much!!!

Heidi
          Participant

As I am winding the yarn will slip off of the ball and wind around the base of the spindle.  Yes there is only one model and different accessories that you can purchase. It is very frustrating for such an expensive winder.

Liza
            Participant

I have a Royal and it works great! I’ve had it close to 20 years.

Heidi
              Participant

Thanks for the recommendation. I purchased a new winder from Yarn Barn Kansas, the one that they use in the shop.  It works great.

I don’t know what to do with the Nancy’s Knit Knacks beautiful wood winder.

rooneymt
                Participant

So Heidi did you buy the plastic Royal winder? I too have one and it’s worked fine for 20 years. But I would be interested in purchasing your wood winder!

Heidi
                  Participant

I don’t think that the Royal one is in production at this time.  I purchased a plastic one I don’t see a name on it but it looks like the Royal one.  I’m not sure if it is alright to sell something on this forum.  My name on Ravelry is Heidiheidiho.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • The forum ‘Season 1 – Foundation’ is closed to new topics and replies.