Attaching yarn to warp board

Forums Weaving Discussion Online Guild Discussion Season 1 – Foundation Attaching yarn to warp board

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      nc345
      Participant

Hello!

I am so far behind! Just managed to finish season 1 episode 7 but thought to wind something and start…

1. what kind of knot do you use to start the warp?

2. If you find a knot tying a broken yarn off a cone, I am thinking it is best to cut and restart by tying to the beginning peg?

3. Can I do the same as number 2. If  I run out of yarn and use a new yarn?

i tried doing a search and came up with zero results.

thanks

Ginette
        Keymaster

Hi there,

It’s so ok to be behind!  We’re all at different stages 🙂 That’s the beauty of this guild, we can go at our own pace.

I just do a regular knot when I tie on the first thread.

Yes, when you find a knot, best to get rid of it right away.  You can join the new end & tie either at the top of the warping board peg or the bottom.  Just retie it to the previous thread. Jane demonstrates what to do with a knot while making your warp. From the Index: knot in warp episode 1.2, 20:40

Ginette

oops forgot to add, yes to your third question!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by Ginette.
          nc345
          Participant

THANK YOU!

I’ve been taking notes with each episode but I missed it. Most likely, I thought I would remember when I actually tried to wind a warp.

thank you for the time mark!

Ginette
              Keymaster

No problem and you’re welcome 🙂

BTW, to help with your notes, you can find the Index for both Seasons at the very top of this page that you can download as a PDF https://janestaffordtextiles.com/online-guild-episodes/ I usually do a quick ‘find’ when I’m looking for something specific on it instead of going through the whole index.

Ginette

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • The forum ‘Season 1 – Foundation’ is closed to new topics and replies.