Any thoughts on a FB group?

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Korina
      Participant

I don’t know if this has been discussed or not, but I think having a FB group for the guild would be a great way for everyone to share their pics and progress.  I love the online forum, but I think you could reach a bigger audience, it would allow people who are curious about the guild and what people are making to see what we are doing…might boost the ranks?

Jean
        Participant

I agree and everyone (okay… not everyone, but mostly) is on Facebook.

Annette Beasley
          Participant

I like that idea too!

Carrie
            Participant

I am fine if a Facebook group is started, but I personally choose not to use Facebook.  I like this forum and ravelry and hope they continue to be used.

Carrie
              Participant

I also love how everyone’s topics are organized here.  It’s so easy to find answers to questions.  I hope that everyone will continue to use this group as well.  Thanks.

Holly
                Participant

I personally don’t use facebook either. But I did post elsewhere that I will be sharing pics on Instagram. Not sure if your on there but it’s an easy way to share photos and still use this forum for questions etc.

If you are on instagran we are using the tag #janestaffordonlineguild

Kathy
                  Participant

I don’t use Facebook either and would prefer this forum to continue to grow.

Jacqueline
                    Participant

I do not use Facebook, but realize I am likely in the minority. As a new weaver, I would only hope that this forum continues to grow and work is shared here, all in one place.

Amanda
                      Participant

If this forum is going to grow it needs to improve technically.

It should be EASY to :

— find the last read message in a thread (topic)

— watch or silence threads

— edit profile and settings (I can’t currently find these things without finding one of my own posts and clicking on my name).

— respond to specific person or reply in a thread and have it clear which person or reply is responded to

— add images and edit the size at which those images are displayed

— edit and delete messages you have written

and that’s just my thoughts after the first few hours using this forum. My overall impression is it’s awkward and difficult… not to mention all my threads display in reverse-chronology meaning I have to scroll backwards through a page to read the thread. It’s weird.

Ginette
                          Keymaster

Hi Amanda,

Jane & her team are working on the forum.  Stay tune!

In the meantime, you should be able to edit your profile by clicking on your Account.  You can also subscribe to threads or unfollow them by clicking at the bottom of the thread the ‘notify me of follow-up replies via email’, at the moment you can do so when you add a reply.   You can also reply to a specific post by clicking at the top of that comment ‘reply’.  They will get a notification via email if they have subscribed to that thread.   If you want to subscribe to all new threads, on the main page of the forum at the top, click ‘subscribe’.  Also, what I do to find the last message in a thread and there’s more than one page is click on the ‘1’ page under the thread name and it will take me to the most recent message.

Hope this helps to navigate through the forum.

Ginette

Amanda
                          Participant

Thank you Ginette,

but

“In the meantime, you should be able to edit your profile by clicking on your Account.”

This does not give me options to update my forum profile. It’s store account related, not forum related.

“You can also subscribe to threads or unfollow them by clicking at the bottom of the thread the ‘notify me of follow-up replies via email’, at the moment you can do so when you add a reply.”

I should have an option to see specific reply notifications that does not involve email — that is, the forum and all its communications and notifications should be self-contained. My inbox is busy enough as I am sure most peoples’ are.

” You can also reply to a specific post by clicking at the top of that comment ‘reply’.  They will get a notification via email if they have subscribed to that thread.”

There is no indication that a message is a direct reply to another message on the forum. See previous comment about self-containment.

“Also, what I do to find the last message in a thread and there’s more than one page is click on the ‘1’ page under the thread name and it will take me to the most recent message.”

This is not what I meant. I want to find the last message read in the thread, not the last message posted. I don’t want to scan an unknown number of posts to find the last one I have read, if I even remember or recognize which one that is.

-Amanda

Ginette
                              Keymaster

Oops, sorry about that!  I see what you mean about the profile and clicking on a post with your name to access it.  It’s been a while since I last checked my own profile 😉   You’ve got great suggestions by the way!

Ginette

Patricia
                              Participant

UPDATE:  After creating this post (my first), I was able to click on my name in the post and access my profile (with editing capability).  FWIW, while I have solved my own problem, I do think it would be helpful to have the ability to edit one’s profile before posting for the first time.

————————–

I just joined the forum today, but seem to have no ability to create (let alone edit) a profile. Ginette indicates in her 2/17/18 post that I should be able to “edit your profile by clicking on your Account.”  There does not appear to be any option in the Account section to do this.  As Amanda posted in reply, the Account section is “store account related, not forum related.”

Am I missing something – where do I create/edit my forum profile?

Thanks in advance for the help!

P.S.  I did read the thread entitled “FAQs – Housekeeping, JST Forum,” but there was no information on creating/editing one’s forum profile.  This was the only thread which mentioned the forum profile.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by Patricia.
                                  Ginette
                                  Keymaster

Hi Patricia and welcome to the Forum!

Can you try and click on your avatar and that should take you to a profile.  From there, see if there’s an ‘edit’ and try that.

Let us know if it worked

Ginette

Ginette
                                    Keymaster

Great!  just saw your ‘update’.  I’ve noted your suggestion and will see what we can do about it but have added it to my list of suggestions.  It’s a limited forum that we’re working with and hope to upgrade in the future.

🙂

Viewing 10 reply threads
                                • The forum ‘Season 2 – Colour & Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.