Alert, Alert, Alert….Sample #1

Forums Weaving Discussion Online Guild Discussion Season 2 – Colour & Design Alert, Alert, Alert….Sample #1

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Jane
      Keymaster

ALERT, ALERT, ALERT……I hang my head in shame…..I’m can’t count and now I have to admit it publicly.
        Kit #1 does not have enough White for an 8-10 yard warp. It has enough yarn for a 6-7 yard warp. I am so sorry and hopefully a bunch of you will see this. YOu need 2 cones of white for an 8 -10 yd. warp. Please forgive me.
        I’m going outside now to eat worms 🙂
        Sending hugs and kisses to all.

Kathleen McDonald
        Participant

Hi Jane – lucky me, I am late getting to work on Season 2 – so have not started with this kit, and just saw your message.  I do not have any extra white in my stash, so I will need to order another cone of white, along with kit #3.  Perhaps we could make arrangement for you to take these to FibersWest etc.?  Retirement March 2nd will see me getting caught up – I can hardly wait.

Do I order ‘8/2 Organic cotton’?  as this is the only one labelled ‘white’ on your website.

Do not eat worms 🙂  Kathleen

Sandra
          Keymaster

👋 Kathleen.  The white is “bleached” in the non organic cotton.

Amanda
            Participant

I ran into this with my 10 yard warp — luckily I had an extra of the same color I had ordered for playing with other sample projects.

Jane
                Keymaster

I’m so sorry…. 🙁

Sandra
                Keymaster

Please, don’t apologize.  It’s nice to know you are human and you are a 🥇in our books.

Jacqueline
                  Participant

I couldn’t agree with you more Sandra! Besides, Jane has taught us to work with what we have!

Korina
                    Participant

I thought that might be the case…but I have a monster cone of cotolin in white so I am ok.  I just got done pulling out the red stripe and changing it to gray and resleyed at 12 epi and am super excited to see what weft I end up using now!

On another note, I think I have decided that I don’t like short warps.  I like a minimum of 10 yards.  So, I will have to add some extras to the kits when I buy them or at least make sure I have enough which will be great practice with math and all that.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.