Adding weft colour to fringe

Forums Weaving Discussion Adding weft colour to fringe

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Marj
      Participant

IMG-2332I have just completed a scarf using a light coloured warp and a dark coloured weft. I would like to add in some of the weft colour to make the fringe look like it belongs to the scarf. How do I do that?

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by Marj.
        Sandra
        Keymaster

It’s a lovely scarf, Marj!  What kind of yarn have you used?  One way to bring a bit of the dark colour into your fringe would be to add a few bits of the dark colour by looping it through the last pick on your scarf and including it in in your fringe when you twist it.  You couldn’t add many or your fringe will bulge when you full it, just enough to acknowledge that the weft is a different colour, so that in itself might look a bit spotty.  Having said that, I think it will look beautiful the way it is, often the warp is a different colour than the weft, so I wouldn’t worry about it!  It’s beautiful just the way it is.

Marj
          Participant

Thanks Sandra! The warp is silk/linen heavy lace (3060 yds/lb) and the weft is 20/2 silk so I think I could add the colour without bulge if I use one loop per bundle. I’ll give it a try and see what it looks like and decide from there. I really appreciate your help. Thanks.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.