a few new questions

Forums Weaving Discussion a few new questions

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Trish
      Participant

I have a few brief questions and though I know the answers are in the videos…I would love to know the short answers as it will be quite a while before I can watch the full videos with more elaborate answers 🙂  For brevity I won’t cut and paste the text from the pattern pdf but each of these are mentioned here or on the site (I think!)

1.  I noticed Jane hems her towels before finishing – I’ve always wash everything thoroughly, pressed and then cut and then pinned – time consuming but then I know exactly how much fabric I have before hemming.  Since I don’t keep all the towels (mostly the shorts etc) some people that get my towels like two and they like them the same length.  Variables can be due to beat during weaving…and then of course how tight the warp is when I advance etc etc .  What have others found ? Since Jane beams and likely beats evenly, and I know the Louet Spring has some give per beat – whereas my old Leclerc does not -her weaving and length through a towel won’t vary as much as mine….hope to hear what you have found works for you…and why 🙂  thanks

…I’ll have to leave the other questions as this took more time and space than expected to explain :).

If there is a better post such questions let me know…hope I can find my way back here as I’m new.

Trish
        Participant

another question re the draft – I know the answer is on a video but I don’t have time to watch the whole thing so hoping someone may help here.

Re:The tea towel pdf

for countebalance do i follow the white or black squares in the draft?

for countermarche do i follow the white or black squares in the draft?

thanks

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.