Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest news and inspiration from Jane Stafford Textiles each month!
This is the year of 4 shaft laces…but before we get started…I just had to throw in an episode on 8 shaft Turned Twill to finish off our study of Twills from last year. There is so much to be done with this structure. It is an awesome Turned Twill Primer.
Things you will learn:
- Turned Twill is based on 4 shaft weft and warp predominant tie-ups
- You can have 2 blocks on 8 shafts
- The twill direction changes with the blocks
- Using a broken treadling gives us False Damask
- The importance of clean cut lines
- How to change the tie-up to frame a block
- How to change the tie-up to weave a quadrant in broken twill
- How we can weave so many different colourways on one warp … you won’t believe it!
All 12 towels were woven on one warp using 6 different tie-ups and a lot of weft colours from my stash. So grab a cup of tea, put your feet up, and enjoy our first episode of the year.