Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest news and inspiration from Jane Stafford Textiles each month!
This episode is all about simple double weave on 4 harnesses…. so be prepared to have TWICE as much FUN 🙂
If you’re a weaver with a narrow loom dreaming of making cloth that is wider or if you’re a weaver with a wide loom wanting to make cloth that is gigantic….this one’s for you.
This is a double width primer:
- Where we learn to create cloth that is twice the width of the warp.
- We look at designing double weave.
- We need to double our ends per inch.
- We can change our layers.
- We can change the side of the join to create a different graphic.
- With the two ideas above, we can create 3 completely different graphics with one warp.
- We discuss how to make a nice join and more importantly, how to clean up the join if you’re not happy with it 🙂
- And on a different warp we learn how to create tubes and two layers.
As always have fun and,